Unlock the local marketplace with apps that change the way people explore their communities and order online.
A leading force in local e-commerce, delivery.com allows customers to order pickup and delivery online from their favorite neighborhood businesses. In an effort to expand and enhance the online ordering experience, we’re opening up our API to developers and offering $65,000 in prize money for innovative apps that drive new users and orders to one of the following categories:
- Liquor stores for beer, wine, and spirits;
- Laundries and dry cleaners for pickup and delivery services including wash & fold laundry, dry cleaning, and tailoring; and
- Restaurants for prepared food and catering.
The most successful submissions will include new ways to engage consumers. From simple additions like images or videos to advanced integration with social media platforms, the possibilities are limited only by a developer’s imagination.
In addition to winning thousands of dollars in prize money for this challenge, developers will also have the opportunity to create a recurring revenue stream with a percentage of all orders placed through their apps.
How will you change the way people order online?
More about delivery.com
delivery.com empowers the neighborhood economy by enabling customers to order online from their favorite local restaurants, grocers, wine and spirits shops, and other stores, now including laundry, dry cleaning and tailoring providers at laundry.delivery.com. Every day nearly one million delivery.com customers explore their communities and order from more than 10,000 local businesses while at home, at work, or on the go. Headquartered in New York and with a growing presence throughout the U.S., delivery.com makes e-commerce an integral part of local daily life, helping customers shop, businesses grow, and neighborhoods thrive.
The Challenge is open to individuals at least 18 years of age, or teams of eligible individuals.
See official rules for more details.
- All submissions must drive online orders to liquor stores, laundries and dry cleaners, or restaurants.
- Apps must utilize the delivery.com API, which includes building new apps or modifying existing ones.
- Accepted platforms for submissions include: iOS, Android, Windows 8, Windows phone, mobile web, PlayStation, Xbox, Google Glass, or any other hardware technology that includes a software component.
Executive Editor, The Daily Meal
Industry Head - Telco, Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook
SVP of Corporate Development and Strategy, Groupon
Startup Business Development Manager, Amazon Web Services
Howard W. Lutnick
Chairman and CEO, Cantor Fitzgerald, L.P.; General Partner, Cantor Ventures
Quality of the Idea
Includes creativity and originality of the idea.
Implementation of the Idea
Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer.
Includes the potential impact and value provided to delivery.com customers.
How to enter
- You must register to access the submission form.
- Create a demonstration video (YouTube or Vimeo) that includes footage that walks through and clearly explains your app’s features and functionality. See official rules for more details.
- Provide a way for us to access your app by including an installation file with your submission, sharing a test build, or by providing a URL where your app can be accessed for testing and judging.
- Submit your app by providing: a) access to your app for testing; b) screenshots of your working app; c) a video (YouTube/Vimeo) demonstrating your working app.
For access to the API, click here.